Aspaen, Rosario School has accepted the invitation from Aspaen Gimnasio Los Corales to participate in the IX GLC Spelling Bee Contest, they are organizing this year.
The main goals of this competition are to help participants to improve their spelling, increase their vocabulary, learn new concepts, and to develop correct Language usage for a lifetime.
The event will be held at Los Corales school, in Barranquilla, on April 10th, 2019 at 8:00 am. It last 1 day.
The Spelling Bee Contest is aimed for students from 1st to 6th grade in the following categories:
1. Little spellers: 1st and 2nd graders. (7 and 8 years old)
2. Big spellers: 3rd and 4th graders. (9 and 10 years old)
3. Great spellers: 5th and 6th graders. (11 and 12 years old)
English teachers will select until March 1st the participants in the classroom.
The last round will be in the auditorium in order to select two students per categories on March 4th.
School Criteria to select the participants:
1. The contest will be conducted in rounds. Each student will be given a word randomly.
2. After the teacher gives the student a word, the student has to pronounce the word and start spelling it.
3. The students will say the word again after spelling it.
4. Students will have 15 seconds to spell the given word.
5. Proper nouns must be spelt by saying the capital letter of the word and continue spelling the rest of the word. Example Mary “capital M-a-r-y” “Mary”.
So we invite you to participate and get involved in this challenge, which is going to make a print in your life project.